Heads up, javascript is turned off on your browser or javascript is not supported.
To order please call 404.953.5557 or email info@gotfreshbreath.com.
Got Questions? Just Call 404.953.5557.

5 P’s for Perfect Breath

Posted On March 31, 2013

5 P’s for Perfect Breath

Got Fresh Breath? Your customers will notice. Thirty-two percent of employees cite bad breath as one of the least desirable traits of their co-workers. This was shocking to me even though I recently read a report from the American Dental Hygienists’ Association that said forty million Americans suffer from bad breath.

With this bad breath epidemic spreading throughout the work place, it is easy to imagine that a lot of people are self-conscious about their breath. Fortunately, Got Fresh Breath has you covered with our list of 5 ways to get fresh breath on the go!

1. Purge the Plaque.
The biggest cause of your stinky breath is plaque. If you’re not cleaning house twice a day, in your mouth, chances are your co-workers and clients have something they’re afraid to tell you. This sticky stuff builds up on your chompers and harbors bacteria. When you go to lunch little particles of food get left between the teeth. This only adds to the problem. The solution is to create a plan to brush and floss your teeth twice a day and stick to it. My dentist advised me to get the (Philips) electric toothbrush for three years before I broke down and bought one. These things are pricey! (I’m the kind of guy that can tell you what you would earn over the next 30 years in a good growth stock by not buying an expensive electric toothbrush.) This is one pricey experience that is worth it. I didn’t tell my hygienist and she noticed an improvement on her own. Looks like I will be saving in other ways because purging the plaque with an electric toothbrush is our first tip to help you keep your breath fresh.

2. Purge the Tongue Buildup.
When the bad breath smell is not coming from plaque, there is a good chance it is coming from a coating of bacteria on your tongue. The solution is to use a device you may have never tried before…a tongue scraper. I got mine for free at http://www.orabrush.com and you can too. “They’re designed specifically to apply even pressure across the surface of the tongue area, removing bacteria, food debris, and dead cells that brushing alone can’t remove,” says Pamela L. Quinones, RDH, president of the American Dental Hygienists’ Association. Our second fresh breath tip is to purge the tongue buildup. It’s where 90% of bad breath comes from according to Orabrush.

3. Purge Stinky Foods.
If you just started by eliminating onions and garlic from your diet, you would see a big improvement in your bad breath. I know in Tim Farris’s book 4HB, Tim told you that 800mg of garlic a day will help you prevent some types of cancer and plaque buildup in arteries, and even manage cholesterol levels. But for the sake of your employees and co-workers, please eat that stuff on the weekends because is it’s killing your friends at work. In fact if you ignore this tip, you might as well skip # 1 and #2 because they won’t help your bad breath against these adversaries. “The volatile substances they contain make their way into your blood stream and travel to your lungs, where you breathe them out,” says dentist Richard Price, DMD, a spokesperson for the American Dental Association. The only solution is to eliminate onions and garlic only on the days you need to talk to people.

4. Purge the Cancer Sticks.
I feel like you can probably think of several good reasons to quit smoking; wanting to see your grandchildren, save a ton of money, and not dying of cancer…just to name a few. Well let’s add one to the list that you may not be thinking about…bad breath. Cigarettes make your breath smell terrible, stain your teeth and screw up your gum tissue. If you’re not man enough to stop cold turkey, try a Nicotine patch and stick around for a while. The second hand benefit of purging the cancer sticks is that it will save you an average of $150,000. Don’t believe me just check out the Quit Smoking Calculator at (Zero Nicotine) and enter your own number. Our 4th tip to fantastic fresh breath is to stop smoking.

5. Purge the 25%.
Brushing your teeth twice a day will only get to 75% of your mouth’s bacteria. To get to the other 25% use an anti-bacterial mouthwash after meals. Many high-end restaurants are starting to offer a wall-mounted mouthwash dispenser in their restrooms as a way to increase oral health and keep their employees from having bad breath. If you can’t get to mouthwash after you eat, it will help to swish tap water in order to ensure no extra food particles are left behind. You may even want to tell your favorite restaurant to give Got Fresh Breath a call as a way to improve customer service and breath at the same time.

If you do all this and you still have bad breath, see a doctor and get rid of it.

Leave a Reply